I am a Telugu American Oakland-based documentary filmmaker and storyteller with a passion for amplifying social justice issues by focusing on personal stories about people and communities. I am an active member of Brown Girls Doc Mafia, Collective of Documentary Women Cinematographers, and Moms-in-Film, SF Chapter. I studied creative writing at UC Santa Cruz, and documentary production at the Berkeley J-School. My short documentary, Escaping Agra, has won multiple awards and has screened in festivals across the world.
I have extensive experience in media and communications:
- Documentary directing, producing, shooting and editing
- Doula support and birth videography
- Youth media, mentorship and ed tech web development
- Media production training for youth and non-profits
- News reporting and copywriting
- Strategic planning and research for ad agencies
Through Chandi Films, I bring media production services to businesses, non-profits, media outlets, and fellow filmmakers in the SF Bay Area and beyond.